Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Oink! Oink!

I am sure I have put away atleast one entire pig away in the last week. I've eaten suckling pig, ham of every kind (Iberian acorn fed - mmmmm...), bacon, chorizos by the kilo, pork chops, ribs and have gained 3 kgs.

Conclusions drawn in the last trip:

1. Pork is amazing.
2. If I am hungry, I get very, very crabby and snappy. I need to be fed regularly at proper intervals to keep me in good spirits.
3. Life is very unfair. I could not eat even 1/4th of my suckling pig and that was all I ate for dinner besides a half salad. The thin lady sitting beside me ate soup, starter, salad, 3/4th of a suckling pig, dessert and coffee and two huge hunks of bread. Life, you suck! What I would do for an apetite like that and a body that can accomodate so much food without showing one uneven bump.
4. Shoes with heels should be banned in Montmartre. Somehow, whenever I go to Montmartre, I'm wearing heels.
5. CNN weather forecasts suck. I carried suitcases of woollens and raingear, only to find lovely weather everywhere with the sun shining every single day.
6. Smiling at strangers often leads to very interesting conversations.
7. Sometimes in tiny villages in Europe, I think I provide people more entertainment than the other way round. I find people staring and discussing my origins thinking I don't understand them. V. Amusing.
8. Telling pesky vendors who follow me around touristy places saying either, "Namaste!" or "Assalum Alaikum" that I'm from Hong Kong or Singapore shuts them up effectively.

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

You go to China. To France.

If you ever rant about your job again, I'll flame you!

J.A.P.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Plumpernickel said...

I don't ever rant about my job. I love it. I just rant about my lack of a social life. :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home