Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My home, My hearth

I have just bought a flat. Its in a nice part of Calcutta, one that I am used to and know like the back of my hand. Since it is in an old building, I have to get loads of repairs done before I can move in. The kitchen and the bathrooms have to be broken down and remodeled, the electrical fittings changed, the plumbing changed and the walls painted. Despite the headaches, the arguing with the contractors, the bargaining and haggling, the painful loan agreements, and the shitload of work, the feeling of owning a space of my own, makes me proud and want to cry.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the new place!

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd also like to add my congratulations! Great news :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home